Community Choice Energy Resources
Background on Community Choice Energy (Community Choice Aggregation)
- Community Choice Energy: Democratizing Municipal-Scale Power; A paper that highlights the strategy of the Local Clean Energy Alliance for empowering communities and democratizing energy through Community Choice energy programs; February 2017.
- Community Choice, Version 2.0; Local Power Inc. paper, August 2016
- Community Choice Energy; Local Clean Energy Alliance web page with a brief description of Community Choice energy.
- Energy Democracy: Inside Californians’ Game-Changing Plan for Community-Owned Power;
This article, by Al Weinrub in YES! Magazine, is an introduction to Community Choice energy programs in California, including the potential and challenges of such programs to benefit local communities; November 2015.
- Community Choice: Economic Development and Clean Energy Jobs; LCEA document detailing the economic benefits of community choice energy programs.
- Frequently Asked Questions About Community Choice
- What the Heck is a REC?
The role of renewable energy certificates (RECs) in Community Choice market procurement.
- East Bay Community Choice Energy: From Concept to Implementation; Examines the potential benefits of creating an Community Choice energy program, how it works, and the process of establishing it. The A to Z of Community Choice for any locality.
- Memo on California Clean Power: Taking Community out of Community Choice; Why California Clean Power Might Not be the Right Choice for Your Community
- Community Choice Talking Points; LCEA page from 2009 by Barbara George, discussing the benefits of community choice programs.
- When Will We Go Green; East Bay Express article by Darwin Bond Graham, May 30, 2012, with good background information about community choice energy programs.
- The Local Government Commission's Community Choice Aggregation web site.
Major References on Clean Energy with Sections on Community Choice
Community Power; a report by Al Weinrub detailing the benefits of decentralized renewable energy in California. The section on Community Choice is on pages 23-26.
- Bay Area Smart Energy 2020; areport by Bill Powers detailing the possibilties of clean energy development in the Bay Area. Section on CCAs on page 10.
- 21st Century Greenprint; a 2008 LCEA seminal document highlighting the centrality of community choice energy programs to "green" development.
Video Presentations on Community Choice Energy
Bay Area Programs and Initiatives: Case Studies
California Community Choice Energy Web Sites